Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who’s turning 25 in St. Lucia?

(written 1.6.09)

It’s me, It’s me!

Hey everyone!

Yesterday I turned 25!! ONE-QUARTER of a century old!! Woohoo! Well, I wanted to go to this (very American) restaurant bar called Plantation Brewery because they have food, darts and a pool. However, as we walked down the barren streets at 7:00 on a Monday, it didn’t take long to learn that birthday darts and pool might be turning into birthday lime on the street with a bottle of Chairmen’s Rum. Apparently, everything closes down on Mondays… everybody parties to hard on the weekend to make it out on a Monday!

So, yes, Plantation Brewery was closed, so we tried a Café called Jungle; Closed. Pizza Pizza; Closed. Rituals (the coffee shop I always go to for their internet access); Open. Woohoo!! Nothin better than coffee and donuts on your 25th birthday… at least I had something to shove a candle into. I was also special enough to receive the St. Lucian traveling purse for my birthday from Lois, whom had previously received the purse on her birthday from Judy, whom had been given the purse by her host mom.

Furthermore, I did get to play pool on my birthday after all, cause Haley and I, along with a couple of my Lucian friends sought out the one and only little hut with a pool table that was open on a Monday this side of the island. We even got to play for free, woohoo!!

So, I would say, it feels quite nice to celebrate your 25th birthday as a Peace Corps Volunteer on the little island of St. Lucia!

No comments: