Sunday, January 25, 2009

Frustrations, Yet Much Opportunity

(written Tuesday January 13th, 2009)

It is very frustrating trying to start a project in St. Lucia! Everything misses its deadline and happens at a snail pace. However, things keep moving forward if you stay on task. Really though, it does seem like everything that can possibly delay a project is bound to go wrong. Telephone lines down, loosing rosters, not enough funding, consent forms not getting returned, internet down, no free rooms, blah, blah, blah! Every week is something different. I understand why they need my help getting “Why Try?” off the ground, but sometimes the relentless set backs are so discouraging to even me! I did run into a great opportunity today, though. One of the teachers at CCSS wants my help developing a ropes course, and I am very excited about the opportunity. I will be talking with him more later in the week to see how I might be able to assist him.

No comments: