Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

Last night was election night in America! St. Lucians have a tremendous amount of support for President Elect Barack Obama. There is even a Caribbean island Barrack Obama song that is played on the radio here, produced by a local artist. I’m trying to get a copy to send you guys. The Embassy invited us to a watch party in Castries last night and that is where I found myself at 7pm last night, my time. There were so many people there and it was so loud that some of us decided to leave and I ended up watching the results come through at Haley’s house. St. Lucians were hosting watch parties all over the island. When Obama was announced as the President Elect St. Lucians celebrated along with America. The streets were loud; people were shouting and toasting the occasion. It’s incredible how much interest the locals have in the election. Right now, as I type there’s a man and woman sitting behind me, both St. Lucian. They are speaking about how they loved Obama’s speech. One man is talking about how he was afraid Obama would get assassinated during his speech! St. Lucians, were watching along with us, and along with many other nations. In moments, Obama and the American people took a major step in repairing our image around the globe.

I tell you; last night I became a proud American, for true.

No comments: