Wednesday, June 3, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS TO ME!!!

I have 'unofficially, received funding for a project I am working on here in excess of $6000 USD!!! AND, this is just the beginning. The company, JQ Charles also says they are interested in providing financial support to roll out the Why Try Program in all secondary schools ISLAND WIDE!! GOIN NATIONAL BABY!!! Now, the first phase is our pilot of the program in all District II schools; that's 4 schools. This will be during the 2009 - 2010 school year. After I complete a project analysis and submit my report to them, they will decided if they are going to, 'officially', provide support to the remaining secondary schools across the nation!!! Pretty cool, huh?
You might be wondering about when my Peace Corps service will end then. Well, if all goes as planned and nothing changes (which who knows how likely that is) I may apply to extend my service for the sustainability of the project.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!
That sounds amazing! Great job & best wishes getting the project ready and in place with your funder. Even with an extension though, you'll still eventually leave service. Have you started to id possible sustainable partners on this project? If not, let's hope you will along the way. ^_^

Adventure Melaney! said...

Awesome, great news!